Sunday, May 1, 2011

Project Be Styled

I am procrastinating... and Corporations law isn't keeping me warm at night. So I thought I'd take some time out and blog about a recent job I did on the flip-side of the camera...

Modelling's been taking a bit of a back seat recently. As study and my passion for photography have intensified, I've found less time for it, and as a result, I've been missing it somewhat! I've started thinking of some new shots I want to get, to update my book if not to just have a great time.

The assignment I'm going to tell you about was called "project be styled," a Westfield competition in which four teams of one photographer and one makeup artist are selected based on their work to go through to the finals, the prize for which is a photo-shoot with professional models (that's where I come in!) and full styling from Westfield.

Our team was photographer Pixie Bella, make-up artist (and a pro model herself), Renee MacKenzie, and my handsome male counterpart, Sebastian. The theme was "Over-the-top Opulence." Here are the spectacular shots from the day:

Photography: Pixie Bella
Makeup: Renae MacKenzie
Models: Veronica and Sebastian @ Dallys
Styling: Westfield
These photos are the property of Pixie Bella Photography and Westfield


Pixie and Renae were beyond professional, creating scrapbooks worth of mood boards, and the talented stylists from Westfield had selected some stunning outfits. 
 This is my favourite, a stunning structured skirt from Cue, ankle boots from Wittner and feathers galore to help me fly:


And don't get me started on the "double-helix" necklace from adorne (in amongst the layers of jewellery atop my black ostrich feather drape:


Photography: Pixie Bella
Makeup: Renae MacKenzie
Models: Veronica and Sebastian @ Dallys
Styling: Westfield
These photos are the property of Pixie Bella Photography and Westfield





Here we are behind the scenes:




It was an excellent day, and, as it turned out, a fantastic result for Pixie and Renae, who won the competition overall and picked up contracts with Dallys and $3000 of spending money in Westfield! A victory well-deserved!





Alright, now where did I put those lecture notes...?

No comments:

Post a Comment