Monday, May 16, 2011

My Hills, they are Free.

Today I got offered a clerkship with one of the biggest law firms in the country. Woot!

Yesterday, I did a photo shoot with up-and-comer, Shelby. She's got a look that graduated from editorial to soft and feminine. Mike Murchie kindly offered to have me along for the shoot. I just love working with Mike, so I was stoked to come along on another one of his shoots, which was, like our shoot with Iris, at Fort Lytton.

Let's get to the behind the scenes shots:
Vivianne Tran of Simply Elegant Beauty was our makeup and hair stylist for the day. Her work, as always, was impeccable.



The shoot went swimmingly. Shelby was perfectly pleasant to work with, and has a great look. If Natalie Portman and Olivia Wilde had a baby, that would be Shelby. Sassy brows, intense eyes, but able to convey softness as well. No doubt she'll do well.


She photographs so tall!!!

Mike was awesome as first photographer, and I happily felt useful as second photographer, "landscaper" (breaking off twigs), touch-up MUA and model coach!

Here's Shelby at ease in uniform, provided by one of the rangers :)

And I'm happy to reveal the first edited pic I've done from the shoot. I love the contrast on Shelby's face, and the graduated sky- light to deep blue.



Until next time,
-Vee

2 comments:

  1. You're officially a Freehillian :)

    OR... In our lighter moments, a Freehill-billie. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! Yay! I can't wait...

    Looking back on my interview, we mostly discussed my photography... :)

    Such a great firm - I can feel myself fitting right in already!

    ReplyDelete