Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fortified

As promised, here are the behind the scenes images of our Easter shoot at Fort Lytton with Busy Models girl, Iris.

Iris was not at all what Mike and I had expected from her photos. When she came teetering up to us along a dirt track wearing black felt wedges and cute denim cut-offs, all that was running through my head was "Look at those legs!!!" and "How could any photographer have missed those?!!"


Beautiful hair and makeup was provided by Jasmine Walker, who progressed the look from natural through to smokey through to glamorous. We shot three looks, and between Mike and I, took over 1500 shots. I ran out of space on my memory card... and my battery died. Yeah, I know - really pro. Lesson learned: invest in back up appendages for my camera.


Luckily, Iris' dad had his Nikon d90 there, and was kind enough to loan me his battery, and a lens to play with! I shot most of my pics using the 50mm 1.8, which was challenging. Using a prime lens means you have to do the "zooming" yourself, and so back and forth I ran! 
Shooting with Mike was excellent - he's a great photographer, but was not overbearing or protective about having me along for the shoot. He let me get my angles, my shots, and answered all my questions. I feel like we made a good team. I hope to assist/shoot with him again on some very exciting projects he has coming up!!


The proof will certainly be in the delicious pudding... but Iris was an absolute treat to work with! She was creative and took initiative in her posing. Mike and I were practically chasing her around the fort as she climbed about finding her next pose, the next shot. Kind of like a big, glam kid on an editorial playground.That said, when we had specific ideas for her to try, she dedicated herself equally well to bringing those ideas to fruition. She is stunning is every photo, and with her looks, enthusiasm and the right people representing her, she will undoubtedly go far. I feel like I may have shot the next big star today!


All in all, a smashing success. And now I have zillions of shots to play with, and play I have; I've just spent a few hours getting this one right. I am feeling more and more confident with photoshop and have developed somewhat of a workflow (ooo-la-la)!

Now I can proudly reveal the first shot I've edited from today's toils... enjoy!


Iris @ Busy Models

More to come soon!

-Vee

No comments:

Post a Comment